Hydro is a global aluminium company with production, sales and trading activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite, alumina and energy generation to the production of primary aluminium and rolled products as well as recycling. Based in Norway, the company has 13,000 employees involved in activities in more than 40 countries on all continents. Rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy production, technology development and progressive partnerships, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of the customers and communities we serve.
The Primary Metal (PM) business area has a total annual production capacity of more than 2 million tonnes of primary aluminium and has around 5 000 employees in 16 countries. We produce primary aluminium, recycle, and supply our customers with casthouse products.
Hydro Karmøy is one of the world's leading aluminum manufacturers, and aims to produce the world's most energy efficient aluminum. Hydro Karmøy has about 700 employees and is in a strong growth position.
We are looking for a graduate who would like to start a career through strengthening the plant’s position as one of the best performers in the global aluminium industry.
Area of Responsibility
You will be part of a team that supports and challenges the plant’s production organization with regards to technical solutions and improvements (lean manufacturing). Through a 2-year program, you will learn to utilize our production system in solving technical problems and proposing improvements. More specifically you will:
- Analyze measurements from process technical parameters and/or equipment related parameters
- Communicate with stakeholders and lead ad hoc projects that increase production output
- Train operator teams in systematic problem solving utilizing AMBS tools
- Get to know our Aluminium Metal Business System (AMBS / lean manufacturing) from theory to practice
The position is essential for developing new leaders and professionals, and gives considerable knowledge about the aluminium business. In coordination with you, we will then clarify a position for you, combining our business needs with your competence and ambitions
- PhD or Master’s degree within, Chemistry, Metallurgy/Material, Cybernetics, Mechanical Engineering, Light Metal Production, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Economics & Technology management and more
- Maximum 2 years of work experience after graduation
- Good academic results
- Structured, practical and systematic
- Interest for operational support and work in the field
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- Fluency in English and Norwegian
- Engagement through student activities is an advantage
The Hydro Graduate Program
The Hydro Graduate Program is a structured onboarding program designed to equip you with the competencies needed to successfully thrive in the position. We see this as the first step towards your longer term career and future possibilities in Hydro. Some key elements of your structured onboarding during the initial 2 years are:
- Thorough introduction program and follow-up
- International onboarding sessions as well as local trainings and conferences
- Possibility for rotation, normally within your own plant/area
- Dedicated buddy/mentor throughout the program
We offer competitive terms in a friendly and international work environment with interesting challenges, teamwork and room to influence throughout a flexible and diverse working day.
As a graduate in Hydro, you take part in our joint efforts to create a more viable world where value creation, climate and energy go hand in hand – through continuous innovation, technological development and commercial skills, and by providing benefit to society through smart solutions in aluminum. Hydro has meant a difference for more than a hundred years, and together we will pave the way for another hundred years – only better, bigger and greener.
Application Deadline: November 5th 2017
Join us. Make your talent count. Renew the future.