Hydro is a global aluminium company with production, sales and trading activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite, alumina and energy generation to the production of primary aluminium and rolled products as well as recycling. Based in Norway, the company has 13,000 employees involved in activities in more than 40 countries on all continents. Rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy production, technology development and progressive partnerships, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of the customers and communities we serve.
Hydro Sunndal is the largest and most modern primary aluminium plant in Europe. Our main products are extrusion ingots and primary foundry alloys, used to a large extent by the car manufacturing industry. Hydro Sunndal is also a research and development hub, with extensive expertise in casthouse operations.
As we implement our Industry 4.0 program, the production units at Hydro Sunndal will change greatly through elements such as predictive maintenance, big data, automatization, robotics, IT networks and infrastructure. This role is a great opportunity to contribute to this exciting transition, with a specific focus on operational big data and predictive maintenance.
Area of Responsibility
As part of the technical unit you will contribute to implementing and running relevant elements of Industry 4.0 in production units:
- Develop and implement control systems with big data capture and analytics
- Enhance performance of existing machinery and production systems
- Develop suitable IT Networks and infrastructure to enable condition monitoring of equipment and processes
- Develop analytic tools to optimize production and maintenance processes
- Plan, execute and lead projects
- Take part in optimization initiatives
- Communicate with stakeholders
- Master’s degree within Mechanical Engineering, Communication Technology, Cybernetics, Engineering & ICT, Electronics Systems Design & Innovation, Applied Physics and Mathematics, Nanotechnology or other relevant degree
- Passion for big data and analytics combined with operations, maintenance and technology development
- Knowledge of relevant tools such as FMECA, RCM, Power BI and Pyton is an advantage
- Knowledge of control systems and smart sensors
- Good academic results
- Involvement in student activities is considered an advantage
- Maximum 2 years of work experience after graduation
- Fluency in English and Norwegian
To succeed in this role, a structured and systematic approach is desired. We also believe that you are proactive, with a results oriented attitude and strong problem-solving skills. You communicate and collaborate well with others, and are driven by continuous learning and development.
The Hydro Graduate Program
The Hydro Graduate Program is a structured onboarding program designed to equip you with the competencies needed to successfully thrive in the position. We see this as the first step towards your longer term career and future possibilities in Hydro. Some key elements of your structured onboarding during the initial 12 months are:
- Thorough introduction program and follow-up
- International onboarding sessions as well as local trainings and conferences
- Possibility for rotation, normally within your own plant/area
- Dedicated buddy/mentor throughout the program
We offer competitive terms in a friendly and international work environment with interesting challenges, teamwork and room to influence throughout a flexible and diverse working day.
As a graduate in Hydro, you take part in our joint efforts to create a more viable world where value creation, climate and energy go hand in hand – through continuous innovation, technological development and commercial skills, and by providing benefit to society through smart solutions in aluminum. Hydro has meant a difference for more than a hundred years, and together we will pave the way for another hundred years – only better, bigger and greener.
Application Deadline: November 5th 2017
Join us. Make your talent count. Renew the future.