Hydro is a global aluminium company with production, sales and trading activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite, alumina and energy generation to the production of primary aluminium and rolled products as well as recycling. Based in Norway, the company has 13,000 employees involved in activities in more than 40 countries on all continents. Rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy production, technology development and progressive partnerships, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of the customers and communities we serve.
Primary Metal Technology (PMT) is responsible for technology development related to primary production of aluminium. Hydro is world leader within aluminium production technology. Together with colleagues in the technology organization our graduates will take part in developing smelter technology and implement new technology at Hydro's smelters in Norway and abroad. At the technology center in Årdal, we have full-scale testing facilities as well as laboratories where we can bring ideas, theory and academic knowledge into technological solutions.
We can offer:
- Exciting challenges, teamwork, influence, flexible and diverse working day
- Friendly, international work environment
- To work with top researchers and experts in the aluminium industry
- The right candidate will after some years have the possibility to develop into operational, techological or general management positions
- International opportunities
Area of Responsibility
Focus on building theoretical and practical competence on environmental aspects of anode production. This includes subjects like cleaning processes, flow analysis, combustion engineering, energy management, fluid mechanics and more. Optimize and develop technology in order to obtain a greener profile.
Graduates in Primary Metal Technology will take part in:
- Initiation, planning and execution of technology development projects
- Technology implementation and support to Hydro's operations worldwide
- Manage gained knowledge through specific projects and programs
- PhD or Master’s degree within, Mechanical and Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Process Engineering, Chemistry and more
- Maximum 2 years of work experience after graduation
- Good academic results
- Structered, practical and systematic
- Interest for operational support and work in the field
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- Engagement through student activities is an advantage
The Hydro Graduate Program
The Hydro Graduate Program is a structured onboarding program designed to equip you with the competencies needed to successfully thrive in the position. We see this as the first step towards your longer term career and future possibilities in Hydro. Some key elements of your structured onboarding during the initial 12 months are:
- Thorough introduction program and follow-up
- International onboarding sessions as well as local trainings and conferences
- Possibility for rotation, normally within your own plant/area
- Dedicated buddy/mentor throughout the program
We offer competitive terms in a friendly and international work environment with interesting challenges, teamwork and room to influence throughout a flexible and diverse working day.
As a graduate in Hydro, you take part in our joint efforts to create a more viable world where value creation, climate and energy go hand in hand – through continuous innovation, technological development and commercial skills, and by providing benefit to society through smart solutions in aluminum. Hydro has meant a difference for more than a hundred years, and together we will pave the way for another hundred years – only better, bigger and greener.
Application Deadline: November 5th 2017
Join us. Make your talent count. Renew the future.