Hydro is a global aluminium company with production, sales and trading activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite, alumina and energy generation to the production of primary aluminium and rolled products as well as recycling. Based in Norway, the company has 13,000 employees involved in activities in more than 40 countries on all continents. Rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy production, technology development and progressive partnerships, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of the customers and communities we serve.
We are now offering an exciting opportunity to join Hydro in our quantum jump towards digital and predictive maintenance!
As part of the Industry 4.0 program, we plan to run several pilots to align the development of predictive maintenance with the development of digital foundation and infrastructure. To lead and coordinate these initiatives across all our plants, we are now hiring engineers with digital competencies to join us as Predictive Maintenance Specialists in the build-up of a new Centre of Excellence.
You will be part of a thrilling journey towards a new technological future in one of the world’s leading aluminium companies. Our Primary Metal (PM) business area has a total annual production capacity of more than 2 million tons of primary aluminium, and around 5 000 employees in 16 countries.
Area of Responsibility
In this role, you will contribute to the development of Primary Metals predictive maintenance scheme based on IT architecture, data collection, analytics, and predictive models. Main tasks are:
- Lead the development and implementation of predictive maintenance across plants in Norway
- Plan and run pilots to strengthen predictive maintenance capacity and competence
- Develop and implement data analysis solutions
- Develop and implement algorithm for condition monitoring and analysis, and integrate this in the maintenance work process
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline, such as engineering, mechanics, automation or cybernetic
- Proved quantitative capabilities and computer skills in areas of analytic tools
- Passion for big data and analytics, preferably combined with operations, maintenance, and technology development
- 2-5 years of professional experience from research or industry, experience from PdM and RCM is considered as an advantage
- Fluency in Norwegian and English is required
As a person, you are self-driven and your work in a structured and analytical way. You are capable to challenge, and to be proactive in seeing, proposing, and implementing new ideas to drive performance. Furthermore, we believe you are a true team player who easily builds relationships, internally and externally.
The location for this position could be Sunndal, Årdal or Karmøy.
The candidate must be prepared to travel both domestic and abroad.