Hydro is a global aluminium company with production, sales and trading activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite, alumina and energy generation to the production of primary aluminium and rolled products as well as recycling. Based in Norway, the company has 13,000 employees involved in activities in more than 40 countries on all continents. Rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy production, technology development and progressive partnerships, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of the customers and communities we serve.
The Asset Management team (“AM”) manages the financial assets of the two Hydro related entities, Norsk Hydro’s Pensjonskasse and Industriforsikring AS. AM has frequent review meetings and discussions with several asset managers, banks and brokers in Norway and abroad about fund investments and developments in the financial markets. The operations include sales and purchases of financial securities, transaction registration and handling and management reporting. AM operates under a concession from the Financial Supervisory Authority of Norway.
Based in Oslo, AM is one of five groups within the Corporate Finance organization in Hydro and consists of four people.
As a student in Hydro, you take part in our joint efforts to create a more viable world where value creation, climate and energy go hand in hand; through continuous innovation, technological development and commercial skills, and by providing benefit to society through smart solutions in aluminum. It is an important social responsibility, and to us in Hydro also a business opportunity. Hydro has meant a difference for more than a hundred years, and together we will pave the way for another hundred years; only better, bigger and greener.
Area of Responsibility
We are looking for a person with strong Microsoft Excel skills, and ability and drive to work efficiently to contribute to improving and developing asset management reports and analyses.
- Design, configure and test/implement new reports in a portfolio management and reporting system to improve quality of reports and use for analyses
- Prepare additional analyses of data in the base reports from the portfolio management system in Excel Spreadsheets
- Prepare graphs and other overlay presentations based on reports from the portfolio
- Further simplify and improve content and presentations in reports and increase efficiency of production
The Summer Intern will be introduced to several aspets of Asset Management in an international and ambitious work environment.The tasks to be solved will be linked to the unit’s daily work and contribute to making its operations more efficient.
- Minimum three years of completed studies in finance, industrial economics/technology or business administration
- Good academic results
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- Engagement through student activities is an advantage
- Ability to work independently
- Analytical approach in problem solving
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks
- Strong interest for financial markets and products, and IT systems and solutions
The Hydro Internship Program
Summer Internship in Hydro:
- 8 weeks (mid. June to mid. August)
- Theory into practice
- Real tasks and challenges
- Dedicated buddy/mentor
- A taste of a potential career
Common program with all interns:
- Two-day Introduction Program
- Plant Visit / Excursion
- Social Events
- Group Case Assignment
- Closing Event
Application Deadline: November 5th 2017
Join us. Make your talent count. Renew the future.