Hydro is a global aluminium company with production, sales and trading activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite, alumina and energy generation to the production of primary aluminium and rolled products as well as recycling. Based in Norway, the company has 13,000 employees involved in activities in more than 40 countries on all continents. Rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy production, technology development and progressive partnerships, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of the customers and communities we serve.
Hydro’s business area Energy is responsible for safe and efficient operations of Hydro’s power plants in Norway. Strong value creation from our power production and sourcing competitive energy to Hydro’s smelters are key drivers for Hydro’s future growth. Energy Finance is the unit delivering:
- Financial reporting and performance follow up for the Energy Business Area.
- Commercial risk framework in Energy and for monitoring compliance with the policy.
- Operations and settlement related to the physical power production
- IS/IT governance and delivery of IS/IT services according to the needs across Energy, both for the Market operation and for the Hydro Power operation.
Currently we are in process of implemetniting a new tool, to support the digital transformation taking place within the Energy Finance area which requires thorough knowledge of programming and data handling.
As a student in Hydro, you take part in our joint efforts to create a more viable world where value creation, climate and energy go hand in hand; through continuous innovation, technological development and commercial skills, and by providing benefit to society through smart solutions in aluminum. It is an important social responsibility, and to us in Hydro also a business opportunity. Hydro has meant a difference for more than a hundred years, and together we will pave the way for another hundred years; only better, bigger and greener.
Area of Responsibility
The candidate will be part of the departments extraordinary work related to implementation digital transformation and fulfillment of a new key tool within the Energy Finance area. We therefore look for a candidate with competenices within the following fields:
- Database knowledge (technical)
- Power BI
- Microsoft SQL
- MS Azure Analytics
- Process automation
Hydro is the second largest power producer in Norway and the largest power consumer. The Energy unit not only optimize the power plants, but also the smelters participation in the power market within a total portfolio. It is a lean organization where you can get a very good insight in how a Power Production company is operated.
- Minimum three years of completed studies in within the area of Information Technology with focus on Programming and Data base technology, Machinelearning techniques, cloud services
- Good academic results
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- Engagement through student activities is an advantage
- Experience with the following tools and techniques is an advantage: Microsoft Azure platform, “R”, Python, SQL databases, API programming, PowerBI and MS Excel
The Hydro Internship Program
Summer Internship in Hydro:
- 8 weeks (mid. June to mid. August)
- Theory into practice
- Real tasks and challenges
- Dedicated buddy/mentor
- A taste of a potential career
Common program with all interns:
- Two-day Introduction Program
- Plant Visit / Excursion
- Social Events
- Group Case Assignment
- Closing Event
Application Deadline: November 5th 2017
Join us. Make your talent count. Renew the future.