Hydro is a global aluminium company with production, sales and trading activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite, alumina and energy generation to the production of primary aluminium and rolled products as well as recycling. Based in Norway, the company has 13,000 employees involved in activities in more than 40 countries on all continents. Rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy production, technology development and progressive partnerships, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of the customers and communities we serve.
Hydro’s business area Energy is responsible for safe and efficient operations of Hydro’s power plants in Norway. Strong value creation from our power production and sourcing competitive energy to Hydro’s smelters are key drivers for Hydro’s future growth. Now Energy is further embarking on new business development within the renewable energy area.
Energy Finance is responsible for financial operations, planning & control, investment and financial analyses, reporting and risk management and ISIT within the business area Energy.
Currently we are in the process of extending our scope wrt following up new business established within the business area as well as embarking on the digital transformation of the sector. The work covers extensive financial analyses as well as applying new financial tools.
As a student in Hydro, you take part in our joint efforts to create a more viable world where value creation, climate and energy go hand in hand; through continuous innovation, technological development and commercial skills, and by providing benefit to society through smart solutions in aluminum. It is an important social responsibility, and to us in Hydro also a business opportunity. Hydro has meant a difference for more than a hundred years, and together we will pave the way for another hundred years; only better, bigger and greener.
Area of Responsibility
The candidate will be part of the departments extraordinary work with a two-fold focus 1) for commercial activities and new business development diving into performance measurement and setting appropriate performance targets and 2) advanced investment analysis related to business development. We therefore look for a candidate with competencies within the following areas:
- Strong analytical and modelling skills including investment and profitability analysis
- Interest for business development analytics
- Advanced in Excel and relevant analytical support tools
- Strong foundation in performance measurement and cost of capital theory
Hydro is the second largest power producer in Norway and the largest power consumer. The Energy business area has a two-fold mission; maximizing the value of our hydropower assets in Norway as well as securing long-term power sourcing and energy solutions for the aluminium business of Hydro. It is a lean and forward-leaning organization highly focused on learning and competence development.
- Minimum three years of completed studies in Applied Mathematics, programming, economics/finance, industrial economics. Lack of formal competenices in some areas listed can be replaced by high interest/self studies.
- Good academic results
- Experience in statistical modelling
- High interest/passion for quantitative work
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- Engagement through student activities is an advantage
The Hydro Internship Program
Summer Internship in Hydro:
- 8 weeks (mid. June to mid. August)
- Theory into practice
- Real tasks and challenges
- Dedicated buddy/mentor
- A taste of a potential career
Common program with all interns:
- Two-day Introduction Program
- Plant Visit / Excursion
- Social Events
- Group Case Assignment
- Closing Event
Application Deadline: November 5th 2017
Join us. Make your talent count. Renew the future.