Hydro is a global aluminium company with production, sales and trading activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite, alumina and energy generation to the production of primary aluminium and rolled products as well as recycling. Based in Norway, the company has 13,000 employees involved in activities in more than 40 countries on all continents. Rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy production, technology development and progressive partnerships, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of the customers and communities we serve.
Hydro’s business area Energy is responsible for safe and efficient operations of Hydro’s power plants in Norway. Strong value creation from our power production and sourcing competitive energy to Hydro’s smelters are key drivers for Hydro’s future growth.
Power Operations in Hydro is responsible for a safe and efficient operation and maintenance of Hydro’s power plants, which are located in three different areas: Røldal-Suldal, Sogn and Telemark. Your tasks will vary from field work and engagement in ongoing development projects to back-office tasks such as technology-economical studies and writing of reports and presentations relevant for your background.
As a student in Hydro, you take part in our joint efforts to create a more viable world where value creation, climate and energy go hand in hand; through continuous innovation, technological development and commercial skills, and by providing benefit to society through smart solutions in aluminum. It is an important social responsibility, and to us in Hydro also a business opportunity. Hydro has meant a difference for more than a hundred years, and together we will pave the way for another hundred years; only better, bigger and greener.
Area of Responsibility
We are looking for five candidates for the following positions in Power Operations 2018:
- One engineering student with specialization in HSE. Work location: Nesflaten
- Two engineering students with specialization in building and construction. Work location: Nesflaten
- Two engineering students with specialization in electrical engineering. Work location: Sogn
Accomodation will be provided.
- Minimum three years of completed studies in building and construction engineering, HSE or electrical engineering
- Good academic results
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- Engagement through student activities is an advantage
- Willingness to spend the summer in a remote location
The Hydro Internship Program
Summer Internship in Hydro:
- 8 weeks (mid. June to mid. August)
- Theory into practice
- Real tasks and challenges
- Dedicated buddy/mentor
- A taste of a potential career
Common program with all interns:
- Two-day Introduction Program
- Plant Visit / Excursion
- Social Events
- Group Case Assignment
- Closing Event
Application Deadline: November 5th 2017
Join us. Make your talent count. Renew the future.