Hydro is a global aluminium company with production, sales and trading activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite, alumina and energy generation to the production of primary aluminium and rolled products as well as recycling. Based in Norway, the company has 13,000 employees involved in activities in more than 40 countries on all continents. Rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy production, technology development and progressive partnerships, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of the customers and communities we serve.
Hydro Aluminium Rolled Products (HARP) is Norsk Hydro’s business area for rolled aluminium products. Hydro is a market leader in Europe within this field, and holds a strong position worldwide, with approximately 3,900 employees and eight production sites in Europe and Asia. The products are used in a number of applications in the construction, automotive, printing and packaging industries to name but a few. The company in Holmestrand manufactures rolled aluminium products (sheet and strip) almost exclusively based on the remelting of recycled and new aluminium at its own foundry. Around half of the production is lacquered at its own plant in Holmestrand before delivery to the customer. More than 95% of production is exported, primarily to customers in Europe. The factory employs around 400 people and has round-the-clock operations.
As a student in Hydro, you take part in our joint efforts to create a more viable world where value creation, climate and energy go hand in hand; through continuous innovation, technological development and commercial skills, and by providing benefit to society through smart solutions in aluminum. It is an important social responsibility, and to us in Hydro also a business opportunity. Hydro has meant a difference for more than a hundred years, and together we will pave the way for another hundred years; only better, bigger and greener.
Area of Responsibility
You will be involved in an area of responsibility which is important for Hydro's overall “Carbon neutral” target. The position involves a hands-on, practical approach to technical challenges. More specifically you will be involved in:
- Optimization of scrap blending to produce high quality sheet ingots (SI) for building applications based on various qualities of End-of-Life (EoL) scrap
- Implementation and training of shift leaders in new computer model for scrap blending
- Minimum three years of completed studies in Industrial Economics, Inorganic Chemistry, Materials Technology, or similar
- Good academic results
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- Engagement through student activities is an advantage
- Expereience with tools and methodology to measure project performance is an advantage
The Hydro Internship Program
Summer Internship in Hydro:
- 8 weeks (mid. June to mid. August)
- Theory into practice
- Real tasks and challenges
- Dedicated buddy/mentor
- A taste of a potential career
Common program with all interns:
- Two-day Introduction Program
- Plant Visit / Excursion
- Social Events
- Group Case Assignment
- Closing Event
Application Deadline: November 5th 2017
Join us. Make your talent count. Renew the future.