Hydro is a global aluminium company with production, sales and trading activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite, alumina and energy generation to the production of primary aluminium and rolled products as well as recycling. Based in Norway, the company has 13,000 employees involved in activities in more than 40 countries on all continents. Rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy production, technology development and progressive partnerships, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of the customers and communities we serve.
Information Systems is the central IS organization in Hydro with 70 IS professionals. Information Systems main objectives are to support Hydro’s business areas, corporate management and corporate. APICS is one of the core applications for support and development of production processes in smelters and foundries. APICS is developed with modern system development in cooperation with our business units, and is implemented in our units in Europe, USA, South America and Asia. The APICS team is responsible for developing and maintaining the APICS application as well as providing 24/7 application support. The APICS team is mainly located in Årdal.
As a student in Hydro, you take part in our joint efforts to create a more viable world where value creation, climate and energy go hand in hand; through continuous innovation, technological development and commercial skills, and by providing benefit to society through smart solutions in aluminum. It is an important social responsibility, and to us in Hydro also a business opportunity. Hydro has meant a difference for more than a hundred years, and together we will pave the way for another hundred years; only better, bigger and greener.
Area of Responsibility
- Development of prototype apps for mobile devices (tablets, smartphones) targeted for shop floor execution at our smelters.
- Integration of mobile devices with sensors and backend systems. Key technologies are Android, Java, Azure.
- Collaboration with operational staffs and MES specialists, testing in ‘real life’ environments.
- Minimum three years of completed studies within Information Technology
- Good academic results
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- Engagement through student activities is an advantage
- Experience with agile development methology
The Hydro Internship Program
Summer Internship in Hydro:
- 8 weeks (mid. June to mid. August)
- Theory into practice
- Real tasks and challenges
- Dedicated buddy/mentor
- A taste of a potential career
Common program with all interns:
- Two-day Introduction Program
- Plant Visit / Excursion
- Social Events
- Group Case Assignment
- Closing Event
Application Deadline: November 5th 2017
Join us. Make your talent count. Renew the future.