Hydro is a global aluminium company with production, sales and trading activities throughout the value chain, from bauxite, alumina and energy generation to the production of primary aluminium and rolled products as well as recycling. Based in Norway, the company has 13,000 employees involved in activities in more than 40 countries on all continents. Rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy production, technology development and progressive partnerships, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of the customers and communities we serve.
The Primary Metal business area has a total annual production capacity of about 2.1 million tons of primary aluminium and 1.0 million tons of remelt and recycling capacity. With around 5,000 employees in 17 countries, we produce primary aluminium, recycle and supply our customers with extrusion ingot, sheet ingot, foundry alloys and wire rod.
The Aluminum Metal Business System (AMBS) team is a support team working on developing and improving Primary Metal’s business processes. The team is located at Hydro’s corporate headquarters at Vækerø, but works closely with the production plants to improve business processes.
As a student in Hydro, you take part in our joint efforts to create a more viable world where value creation, climate and energy go hand in hand; through continuous innovation, technological development and commercial skills, and by providing benefit to society through smart solutions in aluminum. It is an important social responsibility, and to us in Hydro also a business opportunity. Hydro has meant a difference for more than a hundred years, and together we will pave the way for another hundred years; only better, bigger and greener.
Area of Responsibility
The Summer Interns in Aluminum Metal Business System (AMBS) will work in a project to develop new innovative solutions to support the next generation aluminum production. The team will be located in Oslo, but extensive travels to plants in Norway must be expected. Typical tasks will include:
- Mapping of current practice and problem investigation
- Data analysis and modelling
- Development of new business solutions
Students will be invited to write their master thesis connected to cases in Hydro during their fifth year if applicable subjects.
- Completed four years studies at NTNU within: Industrial Economics, Physics and Mathematics, Communication Technology, Computer Science, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Cybernetics and Robotics and Nanotechnology
- Fluent in Norwegian, spoken and written
- Good communication and cooperation skills
- Engagement through student activities or social entrepeneurship will be regarded as an asset
The Hydro Internship Program
Summer Internship in Hydro:
- 8 weeks (mid. June to mid. August)
- Theory into practice
- Real tasks and challenges
- Dedicated buddy/mentor
- A taste of a potential career
Common program with all interns:
- Two-day Introduction Program
- Plant Visit / Excursion
- Social Events
- Group Case Assignment
- Closing Event
Application Deadline: November 5th 2017
Join us. Make your talent count. Renew the future.